Sunday, May 3, 2009

jimador sour

2 oz Siembra Azul Tequila
1 oz Lime Juice
1 oz Green Chartreuse
1/4 oz Galliano L'Autentico Liqueur
1 dash Tiki Bitters

Shake with ice and strain into a rocks glass with 5 Kold Draft ice cubes.

After leaving Rendezvous on Thursday, I stopped in at Craigie on Main for a nightcap. There were a few new drinks but one that seemed appealing was yet another reformulated Galliano recipe and I figured I would give that one a try. The Jimador Sour's menu note was "spiced herbal treat reformatted" and I pondered to Carrie the bartender whether mixologists were that excited about the new product or whether the Galliano rep was aggressively getting around town. She had no answer for that, but Carrie let me taste a bit of the Galliano in a cordial glass and it seemed more licorice and anise and less vanilla than I remember the previous one tasting. In this drink, the licorice of the Galliano worked rather well with the Green Chartreuse's herbalness. The lime flavor really stood out; it was not balanced by much sweetness yet it did not seem out of place. Indeed, the lime matched the sharpness of the other ingredients including the tequila.

No comments: