Wednesday, June 18, 2008

crocus

1 1/2 oz Plymouth Gyb
1 1/4 oz Noilly Prat Dry vermouth
1/4 oz Kübler Absinthe
1/4 oz Crème de Violette
1/4 oz Benedictine

Stir with ice and strain into a cocktail glass.

Served without garnish in a cocktail glass. A no9 Park original, apparently inspired by the Chrysanthemum cocktail.

This drink was lovely in taste yet confusing in recipe: it's currently on the menu at no9 Park and is listed as having Aviation gin there, yet I'm pretty sure I saw Plymouth being used. And then, I read or heard somewhere that it should use Genevieve? And I swear I saw dry vermouth go in, too, although it was not listed in the menu. I suppose I could have just asked for clarification... Sigh. Regardless of my confusion on the actual recipe, it's a lovely and lightweight drink: floaty absinthe loveliness, and quick to make your head buzzy and electric.

Postnote 5/14/12: Ted Kilpatrick and Tyler Wang saved the day by providing the recipe.

No comments: